Original Post:
Moodle is a free Course Management System (CMS)that many teachers are using to create online courses for their classes. With the outcome features students can complete tasks on Moodle and receive a grade that the teacher can then use in their grade book. This is good for students as well because they can easily monitor their progress as they complete various activities and desired outcomes. These outcomes can be grades or statements of completion, something students can think of as a list and check them off as they go.
My Comment:
While looking at this week reading and doing some online searching, I came across a complete Moodle Package called “Moodle-in-a-Box.”
http://education.ncsa.illinois.edu/resources/software_tools/moodlebx.html
As you can tell by the link, this product has been packaged by the University of Illinois and contains Moodle and all the required supporting software such as Apache server, mySQL data base and other features.
If you’re interest check out the link there are step by step instructions for setup and use.
Though I didn’t get very deep, I actually installed this in my classroom and it ran on an older Pentium 4 machine. With just a little time reading, installing, and setting up, I now have a Moodle server in my classroom.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment